- Lost a season finale for the first time since 2011. They had won their past four by a combined score of 137-71.
- Have lost two straight to the Bucs after winning six consecutive games in the series.
- Lost in Tampa Bay for the first time since the 2012 season opener.
- Scored a touchdown on their opening drive for the first time since QB Cam Newton hit WR Kelvin Benjamin for a 14-yard score at Denver in Week 1.
- Gained 149 yards and scored two touchdowns on their first and last drive. On their other 11 drives, they gained just 161 yards with four punts, three missed field goals, three interceptions and a made field goal.
- Scored just their second fourth-quarter touchdown in their final 10 games. Benjamin’s five-yard score snapped the Panthers’ fourth-quarter touchdown slump at 88:09.
- Went 4-of-15 on third down. They converted just 30.5 percent (25-of-82) of their third-down opportunities over their final six games.
- Converted just two of their four trips inside the red zone into touchdowns. The Panthers went into Week 13 with the second-best TD percentage in the league (24-of-34, 70.6 percent), but went 6-of-14 (40.0 percent) over their final five games.
- Had three sacks to up their league-high total to 47.
- Added seven points to their league-high total of points allowed in the fourth quarter (161).
- Coach Ron Rivera is 56-45-1 in six years with the Panthers, including the postseason. John Fox was 56-47 after his first six seasons in Carolina.
- QB Cam Newton fell 130 yards short of passing Peyton Manning’s record (25,467) for most total yards in a player’s first six seasons.
- RB Jonathan Stewart has 6,638 rushing yards after nine seasons, 208 yards fewer than DeAngelo Williams’ team record.
- WR Kelvin Benjamin caught 10 of his 15 targets for 156 yards and two touchdowns in his final two games.
- WR Damiere Byrd had one catch for 16 yards in his regular-season debut.
- TE Greg Olsen caught three passes for 22 yards, falling 32 yards short of his franchise record (1,104, 2015) for most by a Panthers TE in a single season.
- DE Mario Addison made his first start since 12/1/13. He had three tackles and a sack to finish with a team-high 9.5.
- DE Wes Horton forced his second strip-sack since Week 15. He had just 6.5 sacks and one forced fumble in his previous 43 games.
- DT Vernon Butler made his first career fumble recovery.
- QB Jameis Winston
- Passed for 202 yards, falling 65 yards short of passing Colts QB Andrew Luck (8,196) for most passing yards in a player’s first two seasons.
- Threw his 28th touchdown pass of the season, passing Josh Freeman (27 — 2012) for most in franchise history.
- WR Adam Humphries, who grew up Spartanburg, caught a career-high 10 passes.
- LB Lavonte David had two sacks and six tackles. In 10 career games against the Panthers, David has 86 tackles, 12 for a loss, five sacks, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and an interception.
- S Keith Tandy, who had six interceptions in his five-year career, picked off Newton twice and had a career-high 12 tackles.