Carolina Panthers 2017 Preseason Schedule
Date Opponent Time
Week One TBD, Aug. 10-14 Houston TBD
Week Two TBD, Aug. 17-21 @Tennessee TBD
Week Three TBD, Aug. 24-27 [email protected] TBD
Week Four Thursday, Aug. 31 Pittsburgh TBD
The NFL preseason is many things.
It’s a chance for guys to win jobs.
It’s a time for fans to hold their breath whenever a starter takes a hit.
It’s the return of actual football, even though it’s not, really.
Through their first 22 preseasons, the Panthers are 43-46 in games that don’t count, including an 10-6 record the past four years. But have the final scores helped foreshadow the results of the regular season?
You be the judge.
Panthers' Preseason Records
*playoff seasons in bold
A few things to note:
- The Panthers have finished with at least a .500 preseason record 15 times
- They’ve won at least two games before each of their seven playoff seasons
- They’ve never made the playoffs in the seven years they finished under .500
- Of the three times they've gone 4-0, they've made the playoffs in the 2003 season
- They've finished the preseason with the Steelers every year since 2002
- The Ron Rivera/Cam Newton era has featured a preseason opener pattern:
- 2011 vs NYG – W, 20-10
- 2012 vs HOU – L, 26-13
- 2013 vs CHI – W, 24-17
- 2014 vs BUF – L, 20-18
- 2015 at BUF – W, 25-24
- 2016 at BAL – L, 22-19