[vc_row no_margin=”true”][vc_column width=”1/1″]A handful of interesting posts you may have missed this weekend:
1) Interesting nugget unearthed about Cam Newton’s pregame routine.
“The simple, humble act of pressing away wrinkles connects the highest paid player in Panther history with his tight-knit family and no-nonsense upbringing in metro Atlanta. While growing up, he concentrated on schoolwork all week, and Saturdays were filled with chores.” – Jennifer Brett, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
2) The Panthers’ roster is old – in NFL terms.
“As of roughly 8:30 p.m. on cut down day, when we finished collecting data from all 32 NFL team website rosters, the Rams had the youngest team in the NFL, as they did the last three years.” – Jimmy Kempski, Philly Voice
3) Guess which two positions the Panthers rank 31st in spending. If you said WR and CB, you’re a winner!
“Drew Brees ungodly cap figure has the Saints leading the way in QB dollars, while Adrian Peterson has the same effect for the Vikings in terms of RBs.” – Michael Ginnitti, Spotrac
4) This doesn’t link to an article, but it’s a nice note from the preseason.
“Few interesting things now we’ve got all PFF Preseason data in: Cam Newton #1 graded QB.” – Sam Monson, Twitter
5) And this isn’t about the Panthers specifically, but it’s a read that will stay with you.
“The Turk is the NFL’s equivalent of the Grim Reaper, the skeletal figure of mythology who comes draped in a black cloak and carrying a scythe to collect those summoned…to death.” – Ted Sundquist , Special to Bleacher Report