The Carolina Panthers have decisions to make on 15 unrestricted free agents and five restricted players this offseason.
For what it’s worth, the Panthers had 14 unrestricted free agents last spring. They re-signed five (QB Joe Webb, FB Mike Tolbert, OL Chris Scott, DT Kyle Love, LS J.J. Jansen) and briefly used their franchise tag on CB Josh Norman.
As a reminder, unrestricted free agents are free to sign wherever they like when the new league year begins on March 9.
Unrestricted Free Agents
- RB Fozzy Whittaker: Signed 2-year with Panthers on 3/8.
- WR Ted Ginn Jr.: Agreed to deal with Saints on 3/9.
- OT Mike Remmers
- G Chris Scott
- C Ryan Wendell
- DE Charles Johnson: Signed 2-year deal with Panthers on 3/7.
- DE Mario Addison: Signed 3-year contract on 3/6.
- DE Wes Horton: Signed 2-year contract on 2/27.
- DT Kawann Short: Received franchise tag on 2/27.
- DT Kyle Love
- LB A.J. Klein: Agreed to deal with Saints on 3/9.
- CB Teddy Williams
- CB Leonard Johnson
- S Colin Jones: Signed 2-year deal with Panthers on 3/7.
- S Michael Griffin
Restricted Free Agents
Restricted guys can be offered predetermined one-year contracts, but another team can beat the offer. If that happens, the original team can match. If they decline, they’d get a draft pick.
- WR Brenton Bersin: Signed 1-year deal with Panthers on 3/7.
- WR Philly Brown: Panthers declined tender.
- WR LaRon Byrd: Panthers declined tender.
- G Andrew Norwell: Received 2nd-round tender on 3/7.
- LB Ben Jacobs: Signed 2-year deal with Panthers on 2/8.
Exclusive Rights Free Agents
Exclusive rights players have no choice but to accept a one-year deal if it’s offered.
- C Tyler Larsen: Received tender on 3/7.
- DT Chas Alecxih: Panthers declined tender.
- P Michael Palardy: Received tender on 3/7.